Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Mr. Peters

The Don Peters follow up is reported in Forbes. I have to admit, I'm glad. And I feel somewhat vindicated, personally. I know it isn't about that. It's about the girls who were hurt by this man. That is and has always been my biggest concern. My good friend Doe, in particular.

And now, their strength and courage is the biggest reason to take a moment to observe the profundity of the situation.

Does anyone now wonder why I wasn't all that concerned that he would sue me for libel? It is generally considered a requirement that the claim be false for the statement to be deemed as libelous.

2 comments:

  1. The only criticism I have here, Jen, is that he doesn't deserve to be called "Mr." I'm hoping that, soon, there will be a string of numbers under his booking photo by which we can address Peters.

    After I made the initial complaint against Peters I worried for a long time that he would come after me as well. In the end I realized, as you did, that the only defense is truth. THAT is on our side.

    I'm not giving up. I intend to see him in jail.

    ReplyDelete