Sunday, December 4, 2011

From J-sis with Love

I've been negligent. Not much in the mood to write anything. Busy I suppose. Work, kids, new man. Lots going on. All good stuff. All happy stuff. Still trying to find time to just 'be' ... have come to appreciate the alone time in the last year. I never knew how much I actually liked being alone. Maybe I'm more of an "I" than an "E" (ala Meyers Briggs) than I thought. Or perhaps we change as we get older. But I've come to appreciate the quiet. There's enough noise in my head most days that external quiet is required at least some of the time to avoid complete brain chaos.

Anyway, had the day to myself yesterday. My brother treated me to a brand new tattoo, my 40th birthday gift (yes that was 2 1/2 years ago... we moved a little slowly). Since he's leaving for LA with his growing family, and I'll miss him terribly, we decided on matching tattoos. Not matching exactly. We each got the nickname for the other. Goofy, corny, dumb? Maybe. But I like it. I'm j-sis.

He's c-bro.


No comments:

Post a Comment