Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy New Year, Happy Birthday, Happy New Digs

My kids got their own rooms for the first time in their lives tonight. Kids in the city don't have their own rooms. It's just not how it's done. No one has enough space. Except the VERY wealthy. And even then, the kids often share because if you have a house in the city, even a really expensive one, there simply aren't enough rooms to go around. But I decided that the room that has been empty (except for the boxes and books and suitcases I've been storing in there) since I moved in a year ago, might be better put to use as Wyatt's first solo bedroom. It's a little cramped. But he loves it.

I think Virgil is pretty pleased with himself to have his own pad as well, on this, the eve of his 11th birthday. How did he get that old? I was in labor at this hour eleven years ago. I'd been married just over a year. I'd been working at Levi's just over a year. My how things change, and don't, all at the same time.

Happy birthday Virgil. Happy new rooms boys. (Check out Wyatt below.) Happy New Year to my Jewish friends. May the year ahead be filled with self-discovery and light. Shana Tova.


No comments:

Post a Comment